According to John Owen, co-founder of JetBlue and investor at De-Ice, “the best way to save money for an airline is to run a reliable, on-time schedule, and current-state de-icing makes this impossible.”
De-Ice is an MIT spin-out that’s developed an electric de-icing solution that will solve this problem. This eliminates the need for the aircraft to hold on the ground for 30-45 minutes or more while workers in bucket trucks spray heated toxic fluids on the aircraft.
If you’re passionate about aviation, engineering, and solving difficult problems join our team to take a big step towards making flying sustainable for everyone.
The VP of Production will be instrumental in ensuring De-Ice delivers its product on-spec and on-time. They will be responsible for optimizing and managing De-Ice’s production, supply chain, and quality process infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have had a leadership role in developing, certifying, and producing sub-systems for commercial or military aircraft.
This role reports directly to the founders and executives at De-Ice.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the current team, top leadership, and advisors to develop the production plan, timeline and resources to meet commercial targets
- Lead the supplier optimization process including generating competitive proposals, supplier selection, contract development and requirements integration
- Manage the company’s supply chain to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery performance from suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Implement and enforce a requirements management and conformity process utilizing industry standard processes and software (e.g. DOORS) that are compatible with suppliers
- Lead the implementation of a cost and time effective PLM or equivalent system to ensure FAA compliance with revision control and requirements conformity
- Recruit, mentor, and guide a team of highly skilled engineers for manufacturing and production in a structured aerospace environment
- 15 years or more of professional experience in the aerospace industry including at least 5 years in a leadership role with responsibility for bringing a new system or sub-system from early design into full production required
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent required
- Experience managing engineering teams and co-coordinating with interdisciplinary teams required
- Proven experience managing and bringing to market complex aerospace programs such as novel avionics LRUs packages and products which integrate multiple aircraft systems; bringing products through FAA PMA required
- Specific experience with aerospace standards such as ARP4754, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and EWIS required
- Experience supporting NPI all the way through scaling production preferred
- Direct experience developing and negotiating supplier contracts and supplier coordination preferred
- Energetic, driven, creative, and able to respond to unforeseen challenges and conditions
- Ability to think critically in an ambiguous environment and take end-to-end ownership of work product
We’re a flat organization run by engineers and physicists where creative thinking is just as important as analytical prowess. We are looking for people who share our passion for solving hard problems and collaborative invention.
De-Ice is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on ground of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation. De-Ice offers competitive compensation, including salary, stock options, and benefits.
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume enclosed.